'Mixed Race and Education 2014'
raising levels of educational achievement and inclusion
for mixed race pupils and students
Venue: The Hall, St Margaret's House, 21 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London E2 9PL
Date: Saturday 27th September 2014
Annual General Meeting: 11.00 – 1.00pm
Seminar: 2.00pm – 5.00pm
This seminar will:
- consider best practice in education to ensure mixed race students feel included in the classroom
- highlight experiences and practice that are recognised as raising achievement.
- give examples of teaching and learning resources which enrich the curriculum.
- seek understanding of the pupil / student experience and how this impacts on their lives and education
- promote better understanding of mixed race and diversity, enhance learning experiences and improve working relationships between all pupils
- provide material for a report to be published and used as part of a targeted campaign